Grand Forks Moth Week Art Exhibit
July 8-28, 2013
MOTH WEEK ART EXHIBIT ORGANIZED by
LOCATION of MOTH WEEK ART EXHIBIT
Grand Forks Public Library
2110 Library Circle
Grand Forks, ND 58201
Opening: Sunday July 8, 2013
Closing: Saturday July 28, 2013
Call for Entries
DEADLINE for SUBMISSION of ART and CONTRACT for EXHIBITION
Friday June 28, 3:00 PM
Submit artwork by contacting Shelby Barrentine at 701/330-7504
Exhibit is juried
Exhibit is held in conjunction with various events pertaining to National Moth Week.
National Moth Week is a global celebration of moths and biodiversity.
• information on the developing events for Moth Week in and around Grand Forks;
• links to bugguide.net to see images of local moths;
• link to http://mothphotographersgroup.msstate.edu/MainMenu.shtml for images of found nationally and internationally;
• links to YouTube videos of moths and more.
Contract for Grand Forks Moth Week Art Exhibit (dev. 05/13)
This agreement is entered into by Shelby Barrentine (organizer for the Grand Forks Moth Week Art Exhibit) and ______________________________________________________, herein after called the exhibitor.
1. Exhibition Title: Moth Week Art Show to be held at the Grand Forks Public Library.
2. Exhibition Dates: July 8-28, 2013
Shelby Barrentine will provide:
3. Opportunity for sales. Sales will be handled by a third party, the Third Street Gallery (310 Kittson Avenue, Grand Forks, ND 58201). Their commission is 35%.
The Exhibitor will provide:
1. The following information to Shelby Barrentine, prior to the exhibit:
a. signed contract with complete contact information;
b. typed copy of actual inventory listing title, size, brief description (e.g., acrylic on canvas) and price; and
c. insurance or other expenses, as needed;
d. appropriate protective packaging, as needed;
2. Artwork, ready to hang—must be wired for hanging;
3. Artwork to be dropped off at the following location between
Monday, June 17 and Friday, June 28, 2013 2:00 PM:
Please call ahead—thank you.
504 N. Columbia Road
Grand Forks, ND 58203
Unable to accept:
1. crated work;
2. art over 25 pounds;
3. art exceeding 36 X 36 inches;
4. freestanding, 3D work (no way to accommodate this);
5. more than 3 pieces per artist
1. Shelby Barrentine and/or Grand Forks Public Library are not responsible for damage or theft.
2. Payment for sales will be mailed within 90 days of the close of the exhibition.
3. Art can be picked up 1:00-3:00 PM on Saturday, July 27 at the Grand Forks Public Library (2110 Library Circle, Grand Forks) or from Shelby Barrentine no later than Wednesday July 31, 2013 by appointment (call 701/330-7504). After that date, art will be donated to a local charity.
The signing of this form constitutes an agreement between said exhibitor and Shelby Barrentine.
Phone # _________________________________
Mail this form to: Shelby Barrentine, 504 N. Columbia Road, Grand Forks, ND 58203
Please retain a copy of this contract for your records.